Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thirsty for Thirty Part 2: The Menu

To save you from an endless list, I have created a Bloodworth Beer Birthday  spreadsheet for the food, beer and soda.  Please know I did not come up with all of the beer descriptions from scratch!  I combined descriptions from many resources so if you happen to be reading this and notice a familiar description, I am thanking you for that and not taking credit for it!

You'll see that non-alcoholic beverages that are within the spreadsheet instead of the bottom, I have highlighted them in brown.  At the bottom where the remainder of the sodas are placed, I just included food pairing suggestions, I didn't actually make that food.  

I'm not going to give you ALL of the recipes because it'll take up too much space, overwhelm you or bore you to death.  Here are some of the major crowd pleasers:


Follow the link above for the main recipe.  I added a full cup of apple juice to the recipe.  I also made my own tortillas by following this recipe.  In addition, I assembled the tacos as follow: tortilla, meat, a thin line of sriracha, a little bit of cabbage and 1-2 slices of avocado.

I modified this recipe slightly by rolling the poppers like little tiny crescent rolls because I couldn't make them look like the tents she made.  I boiled my chicken breasts whole with chicken broth, the whole package of ranch dip and the hot wings sauce then I shredded it and added the cream cheese before it cooled. That way when it was time for preparation there were fewer steps.  If you wanted to stop before you put this mixture in the crescent rolls, it'd make a kick-booty dip with some ritz crackers!  I scooped the mixture after it had been refrigerated with a mellon baller.  

Instead of using bleu cheese dressing in the dip, I used blue cheese crumbles and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil based mayo.  It worked well but you can't expect to store it for more than a day.


I pretty much followed this recipe above from Alton Brown for baked meatballs except I made the meatballs slightly smaller.  I used grass fed beef which made them extra delish.  To assemble the burgers, I used Sister Schuberts dinner rolls for buns and they fit perfectly.  I used a block of havarti sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices that fit over the meatballs and made sure they melted.  I used basic deli mustard then put a mini dill pickle on top with a toothpick that also served to hold the burger together. 


I used the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe in the link above but did not use nuts (nuts in chocolate chip cookies?gross!) and then substituted half of the butter for butter flavored Crisco to keep the cookies from getting too hard when they froze. Once the cookies were baked and cooled, I paired them up by similar size.  If I would've thought ahead, I woud've used something that created a more uniform shape.  I then put them in a baggie and put them in the fridge.  

I cut butcher paper into uniform squares.  Sadly, I don't remember what size I (and Russell) cut them.  Butcher paper is awesome because it's nonstick on one side and paper on the other so it's great for freezing things and keeping them from getting freezer burn.  

I used Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream because in my opinion there's nothing better! I let it thaw a little while on the counter first so it was easier to manipulate.  I just used an ice cream scoop and a little spatula to form the sandwiches, wrapped them in the butcher paper with the non-stick side toward the sandwich, taped the paper and put a sticker on top.  Make sure to put the sandwiches straight into the freezer after making each one because if you don't they'll be a mess!


I THINK this is the recipe I used for these cookies...I actually can't remember!  Just like above, I halved the butter with butter flavored Crisco and omitted the nuts. 

I used Great Value Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (it tastes just like Breyer's) because the artificially colored green mint ice cream from most other brands sicks me out.

Read the above recipe section to figure out how to put the sandwiches together.


Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
I don't have a recipe for this one so here's how I think I make it:

2 pork tenderloins (because 2 come in a pack)
big pack of bacon
deli mustard
salt
pepper
garlic powder
worchestire sauce

thaw the tenderloins
lay the bacon so it makes a sheet where the strips are vertical toward you
place the tenderloin on top
salt, pepper and garlic lightly on top of the tenderloin
rub mustard across the top
flip the tenderloin and do repeat the seasoning steps
criss cross the bacon around the tenderloin
lightly cover in worchestire sauce 
wrap in plastic wrap or place in a baggie 

repeat with the second tenderloin

bake in a heavy iron pot covered in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or grill on a 350-400 grill for about 8 minutes on each side (don't quote me on that).


Follow the link above to get to the recipe.  This was named "crack" at the party.  It's pretty amazing and VERY easy.  I added a little kick by sprinkling red pepper flakes and cinnamon over the chocolate while it was still warm before I added the top layer of coconut.  



So there it is!  Hope you love these recipes as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment