Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Silk Marvelous Mornings House Party

Somehow I found houseparty.com or they found me, I don't remember.  Anyway, you should check them out! It's a super-fun way to host parties and promote new products.  After a few applications for different parties, I was chosen to host a Silk Marvelous Mornings party to share their new Fruit & Protein drinks!

I was so excited that I had been chosen, I started planning right away!  Russell and I are avid Silk Almond and Silk Almond Dark Chocolate drinkers.  Russell can't have dairy or a lot of soy so this is a great alternative (not to mention that Silk Almond touts 2x the calcium and about 2/3 the calories of skim milk). Although Russell won't be drinking much of the Fruit & Protein drinks, I was excited to try something new!

House Party is great!  They give you tons of party resources including recipe ideas, party games, a social network, AND a party pack.  Here are pictures of my party pack:
"I'm so excited about my party pack!"
This is what I saw when I picked up my package!

a little gift for me: Silk reusable cup- perfect for smoothies!

another little something: Silk glass tumbler for my Fruit &Protein!

Now the big stuff- goodies for my guests!


My  party was this past weekend and we had a great time!  Of course, the party centered around food since I LOVE to cook!  We had a noontime brunch with about 14 girlfriends.  My dear friends Emily and Katelyn came a little before to help me cook and get ready.

Here's a picture of the spread. I tried my best to use Silk products in ALL of the recipes.  I succeeded in almost all of them!  I also made everything bite-sized so there would be lots of sampling.
part of the spread!

favors on the table

part of the tasting station

Katelyn trying (and loving) a yummy Green Monster Smoothie

food and fun!

me trying a plate full and a little Green Monster :)

The Recipes

 Peach Mango Fruit & Protein banana muffins with granola.

Recipe: 
(since I made this up, it might not be exact but I'm going to try my best)

1c. all purpose flour
1c. whole wheat flour
1/4 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. butter
3/4c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1t. vanilla
1 mashed bananas in a liquid measuring 2c. measuring cup.  
Peach Mango Fruit & Protein poured over the mash banana to the 1 3/4c. line
3/4c. oats (I use Quaker Old Fashioned)
granola of your choice

Preheat oven to 350.  

1. sift together dry ingredients
2. cream butter and sugar in stand mixer for at least 2 minutes, add eggs and vanilla
3. gradually add in dry ingredients
4. pour in Fruit & Protein 
5. add oats

Now observe your batter.  It should be thicker than cake batter but not so thick that it won't easily drop from a spoon. If it's too thin add a little more flour.  If it's too thick, add a little more Fruit & Protein. 

You have the option to serve this as a breakfast bread or muffin.  I chose mini muffins.  It took about 20 minutes for each mini muffin batch to bake.  I think it would take about 30-45 minutes for regular sized muffins and for bread loaves 1 hour.  

Before baking add granola on top of the muffins/bread!

Yields about 65 mini muffins (they freeze well)


French Toast Waffles (recipe from Silk)

Recipe:

1 c. Silk Pure Coconut Vanilla Coconut Milk
3 eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
8 slices of day old French bread or sandwich bread.  I used this yummy oatmeal bread that I found at Kroger.

1. stir all ingredients (except bread) together
2. coat preheated waffle iron with cooking spray
3. dip bread into egg mixture so that it is saturated but not so much so that the bread falls apart when you pick it up
4. add bread to waffle iron (my iron could hold 4 pieces at a time) and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes I think.
5. I (actually Emily Sadlow) cut the bread into triangles to make it easy for the buffet table (and super-cute).

Whole Wheat Silver Dollar Pancakes with Blueberries

Recipe:
This recipe is easy to double or divide! 

1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. ground flaxseed
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. sugar 
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Silk Almond Milk (any flavor would probably work but I used unsweetened)
pastry bag with medium to large round tip. 

1. sift all dry ingredients together
2. in the same bowl add sugar eggs and vanilla
3. slowly pour in Silk Almond Milk as you stir until the batter is the consistency that it thickly coats a spoon and may drop off in blobs.  You don't want this batter to be so thin it drips from the spoon or runs in a stream (hope that helps)
4. fill pastry bag with batter
5. in a pan preheated to medium medium/low heat (spray with nonstick if your pan needs that) drop pancakes with your pastry bag.  I did about 4-5 per pan. 
6. do not flip your pancakes over and over again. Once there are bubbles scattered across the top, flip your pancake once.  

I served my pancakes in stacks of 3 with a toothpick through the middle that held blueberries on top and syrup on the side.  I found that putting blueberries in the batter did not work since these pancakes were small. 

Puff Pastry Omelet Bites

Recipe:

8 eggs
1/4 c. Silk Almond Unsweetened
4 pieces bacon chopped
1/2 carton pre sliced baby bella mushrooms
3 c. baby spinach
shredded mozzarella to taste
salt and pepper
2 sheets puff pastry
shredded parmesan cheese or hard cheese blend 

Preheat Oven to 400

1. beat eggs with almond milk and set aside
2. in a preheated pan on medium heat add chopped bacon until it begins to brown
3. remove half the grease from the pan
4. add in mushrooms
5. once mushrooms soften add spinach
6. when spinach is wilted pour egg mixture over the top and stir to make scrambled eggs
(this recipe is great if you stop here and eat the scramble)
7. add shredded mozzarella and remove from heat.
8. on a floured surface roll out pastry dough, not too thin as it has to support the egg mixture.  Basically just roll it out to remove the creases from where the dough had been folded and to even out the thickness across the sheet.
9. move one of the pastry sheets to a jelly roll pan (lipped cookie sheet) that has been sprayed with cooking spray
10. evenly distribute egg mixture across the top of the pastry sheet leaving about 1/2 inch border around the edge
11. lay 2nd pastry sheet on top of the egg mixture.  Roll or press the edges to seal in eggs.  Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
12. bake for 10 minutes and check to see progress (I don't remember how long I baked mine but I know it was at least 10 minutes).  Pastry should be golden brown and cheese should be toasted.
13. when pastry begins to cool, use a biscuit cutter (or cookie cutter) to cut into rounds (or whatever shape you want).  I used the second to smallest biscuit cutter in my set- maybe 1 1/2 inches?

Makes 18 rounds

You could also cut this into larger squares or triangles to serve plated at a sit down brunch!

Baked Brie in Pastry with Onion Jam/ Baked Brie with Honey
I'm not really sure that a recipe is needed for this.  I used skinny brie logs that I found at Kroger.  I wrapped one in puff  pastry that I had spread onion jam on  before rolling. The second log was just baked on it's own and drizzled with honey. I served them both with crackers.

Fresh Berries
Another dish with no need for a recipe.  I used strawberries, raspberries and blackberries

Fruit & Protein "Shots"
just straight from the boxes :)

Green Monster Smoothies (recipe from Silk) 

Recipe:

1 c. Silk Fruit & Protein Strawberry Banana
1 banana (frozen if you have one)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
2 c. baby spinach leaves (I added more to enhance the green color)
1 T ground flaxseed
1/2 c. ice

Place all ingredients in blender with ice on top.  Blend until smooth.  I served these in 2oz. shot glasses with straws that had been cut in half and they were adorable!

Mimosas
2/3 champagne
1/3 orange juice
splash of grenadine


Playing the Silk trivia game and finding out what kind of Silk we represented was a fun little game :)  The majority of guests were Strawberry & Banana and a few were Mixed Berry.  Emma Finley walked away with a win with 9/9 correct on trivia and won a half gallon of Fruit & Protein to take home!

Here's a pic of part of the gang with their favors!  I also included recipe cards of the recipes I used at the party.


It was a success!  Everyone had a great time and the consensus was that Silk Fruit & Protein is a good addition to breakfast or even post workout drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment