Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution (or We Miss Our Friends and Family)

As I sat yesterday thinking about resolutions for the new year I came up with the following list: eat better, exercise more, go to church every Sunday, keep up with friends and family, spend less money, and figure out what I want to do with my life. While all of these are important resolutions and something that Russell and I will work on throughout the next year (and hopefully lifetime), I wanted to resolve to do something a little more creative.

After spending the past two weeks with family and friends, I realized how separated I felt. While catching up, I often use the phrases "life in Durham is great" "married life is so fun" "eh, a job's a job" and sticking to that. It's hard to remember the important details of events that happened days, weeks, and months before and sometimes it's just easier to stick to the basics. I've decided that I no longer want to just "stick to the basics". I want my family and friends to know what is going on over here. I want to remember my life as a newly-wed and a North Carolinian...here it goes.

I, Katie Ellen Stilwell Bloodworth, resolve to write at minimum one blog post per week for the next 52 weeks.


Here are some pictures from the past few weeks:






This is the picture of my lapse in judgement while making soup for Christmas gifts. Lesson learned: boiling soup cannot go in a blender...I'm still finding soup splatters around the house.












Waiting to be seated at dinner in Birmingham. We had so much fun with Tully!


At Blue Mountain Beach, FL. We had fun spending some down time at the beach with my family. I'll have to admit, it felt odd wearing sweaters on the beach.








I'm aware that blog post #1 has not been the most interesting or enlightening...my promises that future posts will be more worthwhile.
Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment